10 Structural Failure Case Studies which can give you new perspective on Structural Analysis:
Dear Structural/Civil Engineers,
I am happy to share , 10 Structural failure case studies which can change your perspective on Structural Analysis and Design.
I have included :
- Blast and Impact Failure Case studies
- Construction & in-service Failure Case studies
- Earthquake Failure Case studies
- Fire Failure Case studies
- Wind storms and Coastal Factors Failure Case studies
I am optimist and sure you will implement this while using Structural Analysis may be you are using
STAAD.Pro,ETABS,SAFE,SAP 2000 etc ,irrespective of those you will see new possibilities and design results.
Structural Consultant @ Author
Learn staad pro during your Job Hours and become a Pro in 30 days:
Below are the key ingredients of STAAD.Pro (learn staad pro) CHECK List:
- Never forget your Foundation Hand calculation Skills like BEAM,Column ,Slab Calculations and that is your 1st step in Learn STAAD Pro journey
- Know Soil Mechanics and Lab Testing as Soil conditions and Design are closely related
- Study min 10-25 Failure of Structures when you move to different cities and collect failure case studies (If you need plz mail us :email@example.com)
- Know KPI (Key performance Indicator ) of any structural Projects –watch my videos to reveal the secret( KPI of Structural Projects)
- Know the art of Applying Boundary Conditions by interpreting Field Report/Condition
- Know the Advanced Conditions and FEA Technology
- Understand Mathematics behind how and best way to solve through stiffness method
- Work under a reputed Consultant and learn staad pro and practical way of using the tools(STAAD.Pro ,ETABS,SAFE etc) and get the technical jargon’s polished
- Master Your country codes like IS456,875-Part1/2/3/4/5 ,1893-Part1/2 ,SP 16 ,ACI,Euro,Bristish codes practical implications.
- If you can Validate your G+3 structure then think Big and How you can move to a G+30 or higher and know the basic similarity and differences as far as Structural Analysis and Design Results Validation or Verification are Concerned
- STAAD.Pro or ETABS are human build software Applications so those are like calculators for sophisticated computations hence, manually until and unless you never compare and match tools like STAAD.pro or ETABS are useless
- Don’t forget all the logistics of any structure like glass,Tile,wood,RCC Design ,Plaster, Lift,Furniture etc and know the standards that current industry is using and you will be using all those in your structural analysis and Design methods during weight or live load computations
- Cross verify your results from an Expert
- Finally know the different types of stress verification and validation, moment verification, strain and displacement validation etc and take immediate action once you encounter failure due to design and re analyze and verify again
- So Now you learn staad pro and apply on 2 to 3 structures which are already built and you are seeing in your vicinity since more than 5-7 years .Go there and get the measurements and do a soil testing if possible and start applying.
Get your 4 Hours FREE STAAD.Pro Advanced Training Now:
Understand concept of “SMART”
Above 5 factors can lead to a successfull Project completion. (why projects fail)
also look at above graph to understand Project Failure causes.(why projects fail)
Primavera is the tool you can use to plan your project.(why projects fail)
So I now assume you discovered why project fails?(why projects fail)
P6 Version sudden Jump and year History
(p6 version sudden jump and year history)
Wondering P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x Jump!!! Update Knowledge about Primavera Version Jump and Alignment with our Training:
- Primavera Ver 8.3 and Ver 8.4 are the very much popular and one of the top Notch Oracle Project Management Softwares that are used across various Industry Verticals.
- Due to lots of Confusion and Version Non-Linearity, its down stream products that are being integrated to Primavera like – Unifier, Analytics, Prime, Gateway, CM, OPPM and Instantis. Oracle wanted to align all versions to year-wise Coding and Released 15.x versions in 2015.(Wondering to Jump from P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x)
- Many of you might be wondering, that ‘we were using Ver 8.4 & lots of versions jump occured and we have to upgrade our skillset to 15.x or in year 2016 its 16.x‘. Typically it is not the technological up-gradation but I would say its just version alignment, so do not worry for Product Knowledge Upgrade.
- According to Oracle Press Release, they did so for increasing Integrations between the Primavera Software Products by keeping year as reference i.e 2015 -15.x and 2016 -16.x. e.g. In 2016 if your company is going to implement Primavera Analytics & Unifier then straightaway you have to go for 16.x for all versions of all software modules.
What Exactly Happened in version Alignment-Oracle-Primavera Group of Products:(Wondering to Jump from P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x)
Based on the information received from Oracle, we can summarize the following:
- Version numbers will be aligned to the year they were released. Releases in 2015 are 15.x. Releases in 2016 are 16.x. Releases in 2017 are 17.x. and so on.
- Primavera P6 will jump from Release 8.4 to 15.1.(Wondering to Jump from P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x)
- Unifier will jump from Release 10.1 to 15.1.
- Primavera Analytics will jump from Release 3.4 to 15.1.(Wondering to Jump from P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x)
- Primavera Gateway will jump from Release 14.2 to 15.1.
- Primavera Prime will jump from Release 14.2 to 15.1.(Wondering to Jump from P6 V8.x to 15.x or 16.x)
- Instantis will jump from Release 9.0 to 15.1.
- Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (this is not P6) will jump from Release 9.1 to 15.1.
- Primavera Contract Management will not adopt the new numbering and will remain on Release 14.x.
What is new in Versions 15.1?
This is primarily a Version Aligned Release, so there are no major architectures changes as a result you will find minor Bug Fixing and Compatibility Up-
See our other Blogs-